Your health has become a very big challenge in this part of today’s race life, human lifestyle has become such that getting sick has become a common thing. Today, we do nothing to protect ourselves from any disease. A large part of our income is spent in medicines.
Do you know that nature has given us such a number of ayurvedic medicines as a boon, some medicines are present around us, which we can use very easily, and can keep ourselves healthy.
Today we are going to tell you about a medicine that is able to keep us away from many diseases, and it is also easily available.
Giloy: Tinospora cordifolia
Natural plants with medicinal value are gradually gaining importance in clinical research due to their properties as they have less side effects than medicines. According to Ayurvedic texts, Giloy helps us in fighting over 100 diseases. Giloy increases our body’s ability to fight disease manifold.
In this article, we are going to give you complete information about Giloy.
What is the benefit of Giloy?
Giloy is known for a vast application in the treatment of various diseases in traditional Ayurvedic literature. National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), DAE, Govt of India. According to a study by Giloy, extracts such as alkaloids, glycosides, lactones and steroids are present, all of these extracts have the ability to increase different types of immunity.
According to the report Giloy is a traditional Ayurvedic medicine used for the treatment of fever, jaundice, chronic diarrhea, cancer, dysentery, bone fractures, pain, asthma, dermatitis, venomous pests, snake bites, eye disorders.
How to use giloy?
We can prepare and use Giloy in two ways. By making Giloy’s decoction and its powder.
1. Method of making Giloy’s juice.
- To make the decoction of Giloy, we use the stem of Giloy.
- First you cut a stem of 3-4 inches.
- Cut the stem into 8-10 pieces.
- Crush the piece slightly.
- Boil pieces of Giloy in 4 cups of water.
- When a fourth of the water remains, filter it.
- Take it after it cools down.
- You can mix 2-3 pieces of black pepper and a small piece of ginger in the decoction, this will also cure your phlegm problem.
2. Method of making Giloy powder.
- To make the powder of Giloy, you take 500 gum pieces of Giloy.
- Crush the pieces into a mortar
- After the crush is complete, squeeze its juice with a clean cotton cloth.
- Leave the juice in a clean pot for a while.
- After some time, the Saturn of Giloy will sit like a layer under the pot and there will be water left over, separate the water with light hands.
- Leave the bottom layer to dry for a few days.
- After drying, you will get Giloy powder. You can use 2-3 grams of powder according to the requirement.
Where is Giloy found in India?
Gillop is found in every region of India. You can also get its plant from a good nursery.
Reaction from Giloy.
Although Giloy is not at a disadvantage, the mother feeding the baby should take it after consulting an Ayurvedic expert.